The Sniper Rifle is a scoped, bolt action firearm that has extreme range, high accuracy, and one shot kill damage. While this may seem overpowered, it also has some trade offs. It's heavier than most other small arms, has a slow rate of fire, and takes a very long time achieve a steady aim.
- The damage on vehicles is lower than a regular Rifle.
- The sniper rifle and its 8.5mm ammo is expensive and as such it's rarely found on the battlefield due to it's very niche use.
- Sniper rifles effectively ignore cover bonuses, allowing downing shots at targets behind cover like trenches/sandbags
The Sniper Rifle is best utilized in a prone position, preferably on an elevated surface. The crosshair should be placed in the area of likely incoming enemy movement or static targets. As the sniper rifle suffers from high recoil and turning inaccuracy, an effective sniper is a patient one who waits for the target to stand still before taking a shot. Common targets of interest include (but are not limited to) machine gunners, medics, spotters, and builders, as they are typically caught in situations where they must stand still. As the Sniper Rifle ignores cover bonuses, a good sniper can severely slow an enemy bridge push by aiming at the side covers of bridges, which usually provide cover for advancing enemy infantrymen.
It is also inadvisable to use it at night as the resulting very limited field of view means the sniper must aim for muzzle flashes in order to take advantage of its high effective range, often risking teamkills. Unless you have a teammate kind enough to illuminate the enemies with mortar flare shells for you.
Sniper Rifle List
|Icon||Class||Weapon||Slot #||Damage||Damage Type||Cost||Ammo||Faction|
|Sniper Rifle||KRR3-792 Auger||1||70-105||200
|Sniper Rifle||Clancy-Raca M4||1||100-150||200
- It is advised to always carry either a pistol or a revolver in case you have to deal with the rare chance you have to defend yourself at close range.
- One of the most annoying tactics that can be executed with the sniping rifle is to shot someone, wait for the medic coming to save then, shoot the medic, than wait for the other medics to try to save there fallen friends. If the enemy team is too oblivious to the fact that you're popping them of one by one you may find yourself with too many kills to count and no more sniper ammo left in the region.