|“||A defensive wall that hinders enemy movement and provides cover during combat.||„|
|— In-game description|
Sandbags are a weak, but cheap fortification that provide some cover for players crouched behind it. Players can vault over it by pressing
Space. Sandbags variants are immune to small arms and heavy machine gun fire. To build them, you only need a Hammer and 10 Basic Materials.
The Sandbag Cover (Corner) variant is identical in every way to Sandbags, just curved.
Upgrading to Sandbag Wall
You can upgrade Sandbags and Sandbags Cover (Corner) into Sandbag Wall. Equip your hammer and press
F to go into the upgrade-mode, then press
E on the structure. A blueprint will appear on top of your selected sandbags, and you can start building it with your hammer. The Sandbags has to be fully build and repaired in order to be upgraded and requires you to have 30 Basic Materials in your inventory. If the blueprint is shot before it is completed, it will turn back into the original building.
Sandbag Walls are a taller and heavier version of the Sandbags or Sandbag Cover (Corner). It can be used to fortify large towns to provide some cover for players behind it.
- Sandbags work well in combination with Barbed Wire. Putting barbed wire in front of sandbags makes it much more difficult for enemy soldiers to vault over and prevent them to use your sandbags as cover.
- Be sure that placed Sandbags don't block view of nearby defensive structures like foxholes.
- All land vehicles (except the Motorcycle, Ambulance, and Bicycle) can easily destroy sandbags by driving over them, so do not place sandbags as a roadblock. Tank Traps are a much better option for blocking vehicles.
- Soldiers can stand on sandbags or a storage box placed directly behind sandbag walls. This lets them shoot over the sandbag wall while being given better protection and a better vantage point in comparison to standard sandbags.
- Sandbags are immune to small arms and heavy machine gun fire.