|“||High end fuel that's refined from Crude Oil. Vehicles and resource mines that run on Petrol are more effective.||„|
|— In-game description|
Petrol is one of the two fuel types in Foxhole, alongside Diesel. It is the much harder to obtain type of fuel. Petrol cannot be stacked, and each unit has 100L. It can be put into a Fuel Tanker to fuel other vehicles, where it is stackable, or used as an equipped item to fuel a vehicle directly. Petrol makes your vehicle a fair amount quicker, if you are using petrol rather than diesel. A can's encumbrance depends on how much fuel is left in it.
- Refining time for 1 Petrol is 6 minutes.
To manually fuel a vehicle or structure:
- For vehicles, if it is currently using Diesel, open the vehicle menu with
Eand click the
Change Fuelbutton to siphon the Diesel and toggle the fuel type to Petrol.
- Equip the Petrol canister.
- Select the Petrol by pressing your
- Hold down
LMB(left mouse button) next to thing that requires fuel. You will stop the fueling process automatically, if either the vehicle/structure is full or when your Petrol canister is used up completely.
Refuelling using a Fuel Tanker:
- Put Petrol canisters in the Fuel Tanker's inventory.
- Park the Fuel Tanker close to the vehicle/structure you want to refuel.
- Open the target vehicle/structure's menu with
Eand click the
Refuelbutton in the bottom right.
Like other Materials Petrol canisters can be changed into crates of Petrol with the
right click menu while in the inventory of a Storage Depot, Seaport, or Shipping Container. One crate contains only 1 canister so crates of petrol are not very useful.
Petrol was introduced in Update 0.26 with the rework of fueling.