|Mortar Shell, Shrapnel, Flare|
|“||A short distance cannon used to take out infantry and lightly armored structures.||„|
|— In-game description|
The Mortar is a long range launcher which fires Mortar Shells over obstacles. It can only be fired from a crouched or prone position. It is best used against fortifications, such as Foxholes, Pillboxes, Gun Turrets, and Half-tracks. It has a maximum range of 80 meters and a minimum of 45 meters. To fire it, you must reload a shell with
R, crouch, aim with
RMB, adjust distance with
Mouse Wheel, and fire with
LMB. You can switch ammo type by pressing
Ammunition - Shell Types
- Mortar Shell
- An explosive projectile from a mortar. Useful against vehicles and structures.
- Mortar Shrapnel Shell
- A shell that explodes into shrapnel on impact, devastating nearby infantry. Only useful against infantry.
- Mortar Flare Shell (Flare effect GIF)
- A shell that ignites midair and illuminates a large area, revealing enemy targets.
Tips & Notes
- When equipped, the mortar tube will significantly slow the user's movement and turn radius. It is recommended to switch to your secondary weapon to re-position before firing again.
- Its main advantage is firing from a distance. Keep yourself behind the front line to greatly increase your chance of survival.
- A mortar's fire can be seen through the night, like gunshots.
- Mortar Shells do not stack, so it is imperative that a mortar crew be well supplied by a logistics team.
- Predict enemy movement as the shells have a 1-4 second travel time based on distance.
- Remember what mortars sound like, as it is easy to tell if you are under attack by them and need to retreat.
- Adjust your shots by taking wind into account by checking the flags on foxholes and other garrisoned structures.
- Use the 'F' key to select the shell type to load.
The design and icon for the Cremari Mortar appear to be based off the Japanese Type 89 Mortar.