|“||A short distance cannon used to take out infantry and lightly armored structures.||„|
|— In-game description|
The Cremari Mortar is an indirect launcher that fires Mortar Shells over obstacles. It has a range between 45 and 80 meters, and is crafted in a Factory or Mass Production Factory. To use a Mortar you must be crouching or prone, or the mortar cannot be fired. Its projectile's trajectory is affected by wind but much less than larger artillery types. It can fire multiple types of shells.
- Mortar Shell
- An explosive projectile from a mortar. Useful against vehicles and structures.
- Mortar Shrapnel Shell
- A shell that explodes into shrapnel on impact, devastating nearby infantry. Only useful against infantry.
- Mortar Flare Shell (Flare effect GIF)
- A shell that ignites midair and illuminates a large area, revealing enemy targets.
Tips & Notes
- When equipped, the mortar tube will significantly slow the user's movement and turn radius. It is recommended to switch to your secondary weapon to re-position before firing again.
- Its main advantage is firing from a distance. Keep yourself behind the front line to greatly increase your chance of survival.
- A mortar's fire can be seen through the night, like gunshots.
- Mortar Shells do not stack, so it is imperative that a mortar crew be well supplied by a logistics team.
- Predict enemy movement as the shells have a 1-4 second travel time based on distance.
- Remember what mortars sound like, as it is easy to tell if you are under attack by them and need to retreat.
- Adjust your shots by taking wind into account by checking the flags on foxholes and other garrisoned structures.
- Use the 'F' key to select the shell type to load.
The design and icon for the Cremari Mortar appear to be based off the Japanese Type 89 Mortar.