Map Intelligence is a game mechanic which allows players to see, on their map, reconnaissance data gathered by their team.
Intelligence is gathered by:
Each of these have a different intelligence radius, with Observation Towers having the largest.
Any entities spotted by one of these sources are marked on the map with one of six icons, showing their respective type and location. The color of the icon determines the affiliation of the spotted entity, with blue for Wardens and green for Colonials. Certain friendly structures, like Bunker Bases and Forward Operating Bases will show an icon different from the icon, using their own custom map icon.
Receiving The Gathered Intel
Players may update their Map Intelligence by "checking in" at any Base (pressing
E on them). After a while, that Map Intelligence will become outdated. An alternative method to update one's Map Intelligence is to have either a Radio or Radio Backpack equipped, which provides constant Map Intelligence updates to the equipped player (every 5-10 seconds).
It is wise for at least one player on the front lines to carry a Radio on them so they can, for example, note potential enemy weaknesses or report a large enemy push in real time.
- Infantry: Self explanatory, each dot is one soldier.
- Vehicle: All vehicles appear on the map as triangles, even the bicycle.
- Structure: Counterintuitively, this diamond icon is only for Watch Towers.
- Defense: A pentagon icon only used for active defenses, such as Pillboxes, Bunker Garrisons, or Emplacements.
- Howitzer: See Light Artillery and Heavy Artillery
- Field Hospital: Self explanatory, each "+" is a Field Hospital.
- Outpost: Reserved for any sort of Forward Base or Bunker Base. Only appears for enemy bases since friendly bases use unique icons.
Every other structure (except for those with their own unique icons like Townhalls, Storage Depot, Safe house, etc...) does not appear at all on the map. Walls, Gates, simple Bunkers, Trenches, Sandbags, Barbed Wire, and Storage Boxes are not detected.
Map Intel can also be conveyed through Map Posts placed by other players.