Map Intelligence is a game mechanic which allows players to see, on their map, reconnaissance data gathered by their team.
Gathering Intel[edit | edit source]
It is gathered through Safe Houses, Watch Towers, Observation Towers, Radio Backpacks and Light Utility Vehicles. Any entities, friendly or not, spotted by one of the aforementioned sources are marked on the map with one of six icons, showing their respective location. The color of the icon determines the affiliation of the spotted entity, with blue for Wardens and green for Colonials.
Entities, if not continuously spotted, will have their icon on the map fade over time. Eventually, the icon will disappear from the map. It is important to establish a robust network of Watch Towers so that one's team is not hindered by old Map Intelligence.
Receiving The Gathered Intel[edit | edit source]
Players may update their Map Intelligence by "checking in" at any Base (pressing
E on them). After a while, that Map Intelligence will become outdated. An alternative method to update one's Map Intelligence is to have either a Radio or Radio Backpack equipped, which provides constant Map Intelligence updates to the equipped player.
It is wise for at least one player on the front lines to carry a Radio on them so they can, for example, note potential enemy weaknesses or report a large enemy push, in real time.
Map Legend[edit | edit source]
- Infantry: self explanatory, each dot is one soldier.
- Vehicle: All vehicles appear on the map as triangles, even the bicycle.
- Structure: Counterintuitively, this diamond icon is only for Watch Towers and Field Hospitals, the former being much more common than the latter.
- Defense: A pentagon icon only used for active defenses, such as foxholes, Gun Turrets, Bunker Garrisons, or Emplacements.
- Howitzer: See Howitzer
- Outpost: Reserved for any sort of Forward Base or Bunker Base. Only appears for enemy bases since friendly bases use unique icons.
Every other structure (except for those with their own unique icons like Townhalls, Storage Depot, Safe house, etc...) does not appear at all on the map. Walls, Gates, simple Bunkers, Trenches, Sandbags, Barbed Wire, and Storage Boxes are not detected.
Map Intel can also be conveyed through Map Posts placed by other players.