|“||A tool used to build structures and assemble materials.||„|
|— In-game description|
The Hammer is a multi-purpose basic tool that every fresh spawn starts out with. It can be used to mine Salvage, build and repair structures and vehicles, or upgrade structures. You can toggle between its 'Build/Gather Mode' and 'Upgrade Mode' by pressing
The Hammer is NOT a melee weapon, swinging a hammer at players does no damage.
Resource Gathering Tool
The hammer can be used to build many types of structures. Equip your hammer and press
B to open the building menu, and select the desired structure. Certain structures shown in the menu can only be built after their technology is unlocked.
Use the mouse to move around the blueprint of your structure to the desired location, use
RMB + drag to rotate the structure around for better placement. If the blueprint becomes red, the current position is invalid. Certain blueprint types have special positioning requirements. Once you've found a satisfactory position press
Left Click to confirm the placement.
Equip your hammer and hit the blueprint by pressing
Left Click with the required type of materials in your inventory. The blueprint disappears after about 5 seconds if you do not hit it with a hammer at least once. If you made an error in your placement, be sure to wait it out and place another better located one.
- The blueprint is easily destroyed and any materials invested in the construction is lost.
- Up to 3 people can work on the blueprint's construction at the same time.
- There's no time limit to finish building a blueprint.
Hammer Build Options
- Anti-Tank Pillbox (Requires Tech)
- Construction Vehicle (only near a World Base, Border Base, or Deployed Landing Ship)
- Crane (only near a World Base or Border Base)
- Field Hospital
- Fire Pit
- Machine Gun Pillbox (Requires Tech)
- Motorboat (only on beaches)
- Sign Post
- Storage Box
- Wall (Tier 1)
- Watch Tower
Vehicles & Shippables Construction Tool
The hammer can also repair structures and vehicles. Simply hit them with your hammer with Basic Materials in your inventory. All repairs cost Basic Materials.
The hammer can be used to upgrade certain existing structures. Switch your hammer to "Upgrade Mode" by pressing
F then press
E on the structure to upgrade. If there is only one upgrade option available the blueprint will appear right away. If there are multiple upgrade options an upgrade menu will open, certain options let you rotate the upgrade with
Mouse Scroll Wheel when your mouse is on their icon in the menu. Select your upgrade and hit the blueprint with hammer and required materials in inventory.
- If the blueprint is shot before it is completed, it will turn back into the original structure
- Certain structure upgrades, like upgrading a FOB's Tier, are done with a Construction Vehicle.
- Certain upgrades skip the hammer hitting job and are instantly built after your soldier does a short animation (e.g. trench barbed wire upgrade). Those upgrades can be removed by pressing
LMBon their icon in the upgrade menu (costs half the building price).
Hammer Upgradable Structures
The hammer's upgrade mode also displays statistics for targeted structures like Health, Faction, the original builder of the structure, power produced or consumed, etc...
This Hammer is loosely based off of a Ball-peen hammer, used for metalworking.