|“||A gate that provides access to a walled off area.||„|
|— In-game description|
A Player built retractable gate that provides friendly troops access through a walled off section.
The Gate is a defensive structure designed to block enemy movement that only friendly troops can open or close (press
E). It is built and upgraded with a Construction Vehicle and can be placed in most places, even on roads. It comes in three tiers and have the same health and damage resistance as walls.
Tier 1 is a basic retractable gate that is see-through. Bullets and hitscan shells (30mm, 40mm, 68mm AT) can pass through it, only the fence posts at both ends can block them. It is fairly weak but still immune to small arms. It can be destroyed with heavy explosives or heavy machine gun fire. Unlike Tier 1 Walls it can't be run over by vehicles.
Tier 3 is way sturdier than Tier 2. Only the heaviest explosives present a real threat (Alligator Charges). It's the only structure to cost Refined Materials to upgrade but is repaired with Basic Materials at a cheap cost.
- Get in the Construction Vehicle and press
Bto open the build menu.
- Select the Gate option
- Rotate the blueprint with
Shiftif you don't want your gate to automatically attach to nearby walls
- Place it with
- Hit the blueprint by holding
LMBuntil completion (must have the required construction material in the CV's inventory).
- Get in the Construction Vehicle
- Switch it to "Upgrade Mode" with
- Aim at the gate and press
- Hit the blueprint with the CV until completion (must have the required construction material in your inventory).
Gates are an extremely important part of foxhole and for defenses. However, they can cause quite an annoyance or slow down significant operations. Here are some tips to utilize when around gates or going through them.
- In contested areas and the front lines ALWAYS keep gates closed
- In very secure areas (such as near Town Bases). If there are lots of doors on a road it's acceptable to leave some of them open for logistics drivers, but keep gates closed surrounding even the most secure towns (to prevent espionage from the enemy). Please be aware of the surrounding areas and where enemies are located.
- Gates can be opened from the driver's seat of all land vehicles or on foot by pressing
- As a foot soldier you don't have to face a gate to close it. It's based off of proximity no direction. This means to quickly get through gates as long as you don't obstruct the door you can close gates with your back towards it. If timed right, this can be done while running.
- You cannot toggle gates that belong to the enemy.
- Keep in mind that gates do not shoot at the enemy and so have limited defensive value on their own. In most cases, your gate should have active defenses, like Rifle Pillboxes, in front of it.
- Gates and Walls of the same tier have the same health.