A Frontier Border is a special border mechanic designed to prevent the frontline from being stuck at a region border and help with player queues during high population situations.
The frontier border is visually represented on the map by a red line at the border between two regions.
The frontier border triggers the spawning of Border Bases.
A border between two regions becomes a Frontier Border when the following requirements are met:
- Regions A and B are adjacent.
- Colonial faction controls no Region Zone in Region A (i.e. controls no Town Base or Relic Base; other World Bases like Safe Houses and Keeps do not count)
- Warden faction controls at least one Region Zone in Region A.
- Warden faction controls no Region Zone in Region B.
- Colonial faction controls at least one Region Zone in Region B.
The border stops being a frontier border once a faction captures a Town Base or Relic Base in the enemy's region.