Diesel is one of the two fuel types in Foxhole, alongside Petrol. It is the more common form, and can be obtained at any point throughout a war. Diesel cannot be stacked, and each unit has 100L. It can be put into a Fuel Tanker to fuel other vehicles, or used as an equipped item to fuel a vehicle directly.
Diesel is refined from Salvage at a 10:1 ratio, at the Refinery.
- Assembling time of 1 Diesel manually without a Truck: 6 seconds; with a Truck: 1.45 seconds
- Assembling time of 3 Diesels manually with a Truck: 4 seconds
To fuel a vehicle:
- If the vehicle is currently using Petrol, open the vehicle menu with
Eand click the
Change Fuelbutton to siphon the Petrol and toggle the fuel type to Diesel.
- Equip the Diesel canister.
- Select the Diesel by pressing your
- Hold down
LMB(left mouse button) next to a vehicle that requires fuel. You will stop the fueling process automatically, if either the vehicle is full or when your diesel canister is used up completely.
Diesel was introduced in Update 0.26 with the rework of fueling mechanics. Before this, fuel was added and consumed from the inventory of the vehicles, and fuel could be acquired directly from mining at specific resource nodes.